Sea Crest School supports the whole-child and the families of our community through our Extended Day Program. Running throughout the school year, the after school program offers a flexible space for students to continue their day on campus.
Sea Crest School’s Extended Day Program (EDP) provides students with a strong and nurturing bridge from school time to home time. Our dedicated staff designs a robust program that includes:
- Homework support time (Monday through Thursday) for 2nd grade and up
- Creative activities based on children’s interests
- Nutritious and filling snacks that are always nut free (gluten-free and dairy free options are available as well)
- Enrichment classes taught by our faculty, volunteers, and other hired specialists
Our program strives to create a safe environment where children have the opportunity to grow, explore and have fun. The School offers enrichment classes through EDP in a variety of subjects such as art, science, athletics, drama, and music. We have multiple sessions for JK through 8th grade. Enrichment classes usually meet once a week from 3:45 p.m to 4:30 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Enrichment classes are included in the regular EDP fees, and advance registration is required for students to participate.
Hours of Operation
7:45 a.m. to the start of school (free)
3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Students must be checked out promptly by 6:00 p.m. Please note, the School charges $2 per minute per child picked up past 6:00 p.m.
3:00-3:30 p.m. Students are signed into EDP through Procare, then participate in storytime or free play
3:30-3:45 p.m. Nutritious snack served
3:45-4:30 p.m. Outdoor or indoor play, Enrichment Clubs (when offered)
4:30-5:00 p.m. Outdoor or indoor free play
5:00-5:30 p.m. JK-1st grade activity, homework time for 2nd grade and up
5:30-6:00 p.m. Indoor or outdoor activities and special projects
6:00 p.m Extended Day Program closes
All students are automatically enrolled in EDP as drop-in participants. A welcome email will be sent from Procare, the School’s online sign in/out system, with your individual parent four digit pin code (i.e., each parent/guardian has a different code). You will use this pin to sign your child out from EDP.
- Students who are on campus not accompanied by an adult 15 minutes after dismissal, and not participating in a school-related activity, will be checked into EDP and charged by the hour.
- Families are encouraged to take advantage of the discounted contract rates by committing to a monthly contract and prepaying for each month. Please complete this monthly contract form to enroll your child in a monthly contract. For any changes to your EDP contract please contact email@example.com.
- Primary or Secondary students with a sibling in Upper School may stay in EDP until 3:30 free of charge. An Upper School student may check out a younger sibling with prior authorization by a parent/guardian.
Please note that the School charges $2 per minute per child picked up after 6:00 p.m.
In addition to Extended Day Program, after-school sports are offered in the fifth through eighth grades, including Volleyball, Flag Football, Cross Country, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, and Golf. Learn more about Athletics.
For more information, please contact: Morgan Pierce, Extended Day Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.712.9892 x239.